How Content hub implementation improved the SEO ranking
Action 1. Launching the Challenge project powered by Tabbli on Product Hunt as Product of the day brought us about 2000 narrow targeted visitors from the nocode community around the world. Middle of March.
Action 2. Creating a Content Hub. Where each content item is connected to all other relevant items automatically by tags. For example, when you open some video lesson page you’ll see all the most relative other videos, questions, solutions, articles, webinars. It is enough to point a few relevant tags for each content item and it works automatically. More tag matching the higher content shown. Smooth improvement started in early April.
For each Tag we have a separate page with all relative articles, solutions, questions, etc
Let’s look at the results.
On the chart from Google Search Console (Fig.3), we can see two top bursts as the result of the Product Hunt launching of Challenge project (first one) and Product Hunt’s weekly newsletter in a few days (second).
Comparing the charts of January-February 2020 (Fig.4) with the same of March-April 2020 (Fig.4) we can see how Google Search impressions increased eight times from 970 to 7890. And total clicks increased six times from 90 to 522
Let’s look at how search queries have been changed. We can see only clicks by bran name in Jan-Feb 2020 (Fig.5) and not so interesting other queries about rental property inventory
But in Mar-Apr we can see only very relevant requests about “nocode database” and “nocode web-app”. Moreover, we confidently take positions on the first page of search results (Fig.7)
And we became visible by 1940 keywords vs 410. It also reflected on the keywords ranking by Nail Patel API report (Fig.8)
The quality of the audience
How it impacted the audience in comparison to April with March (Fig.9).
- We have fewer visitors because we avoided inappropriate users.
- But we decrease the bounce rate for 16%
- And increased page views for 44% and Average session duration for 135%
This result is expected. Because people can get all the relative information continuously step-by-step in depends on how deep they are going to dive there.
Google, meanwhile, sees a positive change in visitor behavior. It understands that people find what they are looking for and they are satisfied with it. And thus automatically improves our position as well.
How it affected sales
Frankly speaking, I can’t show you the sales report. But trial registration is the first step in our funnel
I’d say not so bad for the early-stage product. As a result from almost 0.
To sum up
- Product Hund launching gives only the short temporary traffic and doesn’t work too long. It wasn’t launching of Tabbli but the launching of another product powered by Tabbli. Maybe because of it.
- A systematic approach to improving content provides stable and continuous growth. The results did not fall after the peak rise and fall of interest from Product Hunt after implementing the Content Hub functionality.
- Helping people in getting useful and honest information, we allow them to dispel fears and doubts. Or vice versa to understand that our product doesn’t suit them. In both cases, they are satisfied.
- Content HUB measurable benefit in 2 months:
- Google Search clicks increased 6x (90 -> 522)
- Google search visibility increased 8x (970 -> 7890 impressions)
- 10 keywords of 195 rank in position 1 to 10
- Trial App registrations increased from 1 to 25-30